Monday, July 21, 2008

Improving Instruction with Technology

My fellow teachers on my team and myself came up with a great way to incorporate technology into a literacy lesson and an author study. The children worked as a group to choose an author. They began their research online looking for certain information on the author. During the course of the research they were also reading books by that author and writing book reviews and summaries on the laptops. After the group had gathered all the research and wrote the book reviews and summaries they then took all the information and compiled it into a powerpoint. The students really enjoyed this activity and asked everyday if we would be working on it. I know that anytime you incorporate technology into the lesson the students will be engaged. Below is a link to my trackstar that has the lesson all mapped out for you.

Trackstar Author Study Lesson

No comments: